You Have Talent, We Should Talk
Join our Long Island City New York Hotel Team
The Paper Factory Hotel brand is part of the Sela Group Hospitality Division. We take pride in providing an extraordinary quality product with unmatched, superior customer service. Our culture stems from a “lead by example” style as well as team-spirit. An integral part to our set of values is to cultivate personal growth through empowerment of our team-members, allowing each individual to manifest their talents and skills and make a difference in the creation of an exceptional and unique hospitality experience for both our guests and our clients. It is through dedication, commitment and heart-felt relationship development and our diversified portfolio of properties that enables each individual to find their career interests.
Conveniently located in the heart of Long Island City’s urban scene, at the crossroads of the charming Kaufman Arts District and trendy Astoria, a mecca for the world’s trendsetters in fashion, film, food, and art, the Paper Factory Hotel embodies that impeccably chic, upbeat, eclectic feel, from the cutting-edge décor to the urban loft-style living, reflecting the New York state-of-mind. Catering to corporate and leisure travelers, who are both value-minded and stylishly distinguished, The Paper Factory Hotel provides the ultimate guest experience enhanced by unmatched, best-in-industry services. Although a relatively new brand, The Paper Factory Hotel has already left its mark in the lifestyle hotel scene. It is now gearing up to becoming a leader in the hospitality industry, expanding rapidly to reach new markets in New York, across the US and globally.
We are currently seeking the following professionals to join us as we embark on this journey. If you are looking to enhance your career, eager to join a pioneering brand, embody team-spirit and looking for an abundance of opportunities to grow, then we urge you to apply with us.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The company operates under an Employment At-Will Philosophy. Your employment is contingent on your submission of satisfactory proof of your identity and your legal authorization to work in the United States.
The Sales Manager will be working directly with the Sales and Revenue Consultant, in order to maximize revenue and ensure profitability. The Sales manager is expected to develop sales strategies and set goals, follow up on leads and inquiries, establish group threshold, space utilization policy, deploy competitive rates, develop and maintain relationships with prospective and existing customers and clients in order to guarantee repeat business while being accountable to on-going market performance as well as projected performance.
Our ideal candidate is ambitious, a goal-getter, driven, self -starter, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, competent in solicitation, negotiation, follow up and selling skills and able to translate vision into tangible action plans that ultimately lead to exceeding budgeted sales goals. Our candidate thrives working in a team environment where ideas are shared, is able to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and ultimately, leads by example.
- Solicit and attract new business and leads in order to generate and maximize room night sales.
- Identify business opportunities and act on them.
- Prepare proposals and contracts and follow up on them.
- Incorporate marketing opportunities and translate them into sales initiatives
- Follow up on market trends, prepare market and statistical performance analysis
- Generate industry intelligence reports
- Pull and analyzes appropriate data to develop the appropriate action plan.
- Develop monthly quarterly and annual action plans and track results.
- Prepare budget, forecast and set short and long-term goals for the department and the hotels.
- Generate demand analysis and manage market mix,
- Stay atop industry trends and translate them through marketing and public relations initiatives to support sales strategies and activities.
- Participate in hotel management and Executive meetings.
- Participate in yield management meetings.
- Cultivate and foster professional relationships with customers, key third party vendors, local businesses, community organizations and leaders as well as prospective business partners both locally and internationally.
- Ensure existing and potential accounts/clients receive a personalized experience that exceeds expectations and adheres to brand high standards.
- Cultivate and foster a collaborative Team environment.
- Constantly monitor, support, train, follow up, coach and counsel team members in the Sales team and Front Desk.
- Act with a sense of urgency in order to achieve and exceed growth set goals.
- Demonstrate strong effective managerial skills through inspiring, mentoring, leading, training and motivating multiple levels of managers and associates.
- Possess eloquent verbal and written communication
- Exhibit effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- Have analytical ability and report writing skills as well as a financial acumen.
- Able to analyze market data and translate it to a plan that targets new business through Hotelligence and other automated market channels.
- Possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and budgetary analysis programs.
- Take ownership for clear communication of strategy and action plan.
- Demonstrates nimbleness by changing with the needs of the hotels
- Act with Diplomacy.
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales experience within mid-size Boutique hotels.
- Exceptional solicitation, negotiation and selling skills
- Outstanding communication and follow up skills (written and oral).
- Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plan.
- Have solid knowledge of corporate transient, group, and leisure segments.
- Have solid knowledge of business/corporate travel sales.
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate and Consortia agreement process and closures.
- Proven track record of selling skills with solid results.
- Proven track record for meeting and exceeding goals.
- Knowledge of regional trends.
- Excellent knowledge of Group Sourcing Platforms i.e. Cvent
- Excellent Time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines and exceed budget and sales goals.
- Excellent understanding of TMC and different channel distributions related to travel hotel automation systems.
- Knowledge of revenue management.
- Excellent understanding of competitive set that leads to continuous product improvements in order to remain competitive.
- Outstanding ability to operate, monitor, utilize and maximize information systems, such as PMS, GDS, Layton, Star Report, Agency 360, Hotelligence and Yield Management.
Ideal candidates will be outgoing, personable and willing to go beyond the extra mile to address patron requests and ensure the best dining experience possible. Knowledge of foreign languages and the latest food and beverage are a plus. All resumes/applications will be kept confidential.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Greeting patrons once they are seated
- Presenting menus to customers
- Explaining menu items and daily specials to customers
- Answering questions from patrons about food and beverages
- Sharing information with customers about the status of their orders
- Refilling customer drink orders throughout the meal
- Finding out if customers need additional items
- Verifying that customers are satisfied with their orders
- Taking food and drink orders
- Up-selling additional food and beverage products to patrons
- Entering each item ordered into restaurant register system
- Delivering checks to customers
- Accepting payment for the meal